All of us girls know about that "Time of the Month" phase. Dealing with cramps, headaches, toothaches, and feeling bloated. Maybe it's just me but these are all of the things I deal with before the time of the month. These are my "warning signs". Even worse let's not forget about: pimples, blemishes, or whatever you want to call it. During this time I feel disgusting and it's annoying. But that's what girls through. If guys only knew right! When the time of the month comes, it's rough in the first couple of days for me. It's hard to get out of bed and I don't like feeling cold. But it's not all bad, I have cravings when the time comes. I guess that is my excuse because, I LOVE CHOCOLATE!
Through the years I've learned some ways to help sooth cramps, while having your period. So I am going to share them with you.
These are ways I help lessen the pain.
1. Eating saltine cracker. I know what you're thinking, but they really do help. I remember when I was in high school, this girl told me about this.
2. Drinking tea. Tea helps things like a sore throat, a cold, and cramps.
3. Exercise. Any form of it is good, but I wouldn't recommend going overboard. You can ride a bike, you can do yoga, or dance. I like to dance, but not too much. I remember in school, I didn't want to do gym that day, but my gym teacher said as soon as I start playing my stomach would feel better. I guess she as right.
4. Relax. Relaxing is something you should do while experiencing that time, whether it's reading your favorite magazine, eating ice, or binge watching your favorite show.
I also found a period tracker. I am unsure whether it's consistent, but it definitely predicted this time of the month. This is the link to the app I use, it's only the free version but you can buy the full here: Menstruation and Ovulation Calendar - Menstrual Period Tracker. They have a lot of information for you. It tells you when your best days for ovulation are, according to circles (1,2,or 3). I think the circles have something to do with your chances of getting pregnant. So far I like this app, so be sure to checkout the link above, if you want to take a peek. This is what some of the app looks like.
Things that annoy me when it's that time of the month.
-They look at you funny or they stay away from you because you're dealing with the case of "PMS"
- "Oh, she's on period, that's why she's angry".
- "Are you on your you know what, because your snapping at me?".
-"Is it that time of the month for you?.
Things you have to be careful with, during that time
- The type of clothes you wear. I wear dark jeans, when I go through this.
I feel like people exaggerate when someone is going through this. It's like, we're not crazy and we're not some emotional unstable creatures. Hello, we are people too.